‘Past & Present came about following a visit to China. I was fortunate to visit a not overly well-known village that sat at the foot of the Great Wall of China. While there, I learned how the residents of the small village, were to be relocated to new high-rise buildings being built to enable the development of the area to attract tourism.
The village itself was like stepping back 500 years in time, its residents living in very basic and simplistic houses, with the random western artefacts, like the New York baseball cap hanging on a nail within a stone-walled bedroom, a possible gift from a rare tourist.
The story portrayed in this image is of modern society encroaching on history. The buildings represent the sea of rapidly expanding high-rises that fill the urban landscape of Shanghai. Their existence and influence overshadow the amazing historical culture, represented by the stone wall and ghost-like skeletal trees, from the small village.
Limited Edition of 10 prints (of any one size)
Available in sizes:
350mm x 350mm – 10 prints
700mm x 700mm – 10 prints
• A Limited Edition fine art print means only a certain number of prints will be produced at any one size and once sold will no longer be available. Print prices will increase as the edition gets closer to being sold out.
• Printed on beautiful Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Satin 310gsm, using high-end Epson technology and archival Epson UltraChrome K3 pigment inks.
• Your print will be accompanied by a signed Certificate of Authenticity that verifies its origin and myself as the artist.
• Framed prints (NZ only), are available on request, please contact me to discuss options and pricing HERE
Created and Made in New Zealand
All fine art prints are custom printed to order and shipped loosely rolled in a tube or in a protective sleeve.
Please allow up to 10 days from the time you place your order to when it is dispatched. Should there be any additional delays you will be notified by email.
New Zealand deliveries:
Shipping is calculated at checkout – based on product and location
• Free delivery on orders over $150.00
• Tracked delivery – $7.50 to $21.00
• Rural delivery – $12.00 to $25.00
Shipping is calculated at checkout – based on product and international postal zone
• Tracked delivery – from $20.00
• All rates are in NZD
• I will not be responsible for any misplaced or unclaimed parcels, customs, or any other charges
Should you have any delivery or shipping queries please email me HERE